July 29, 2011

Updates on Ms. Jadyn Nicole

Yesterday was an amazing day. I didn't realize I would have so many ups and downs, but I did. One minute I was on cloud nine and the next I was filled with so much anxiety. I couldn't wait to see what was in the infamous Fed/Ex packet, but at the same time I was afraid of what I would find out. What else would I learn about our beautiful little one. I sat in the front room of our house all morning so that I wouldn't miss the driver and he finally showed up around 1:00 p.m. We all greeted him at the door. He must of thought we were all loony toons, but after 5 years in waiting we didn't care....just give us our packet!! We received her photo's, medical records and a small piece of her life. Once we had everything we needed we met with our doctor and then went out to dinner.

Our Jadyn Nicole was born on Jan. 16, 2011. We don't know how much she weighed at birth, but at 4 months she was 12 lbs. She is healthy and oh so beautiful! Her Chinese name is Fu Ya Hui. Fu stands for Fuzhou City, Ya means beautiful girl and Hui means clever. The records say she is quiet, shy and that she giggles. She loves to eat and she is a good sleeper! She is going to fit in our lives perfectly!! EAT, SLEEP and LAUGHTER!!! That's how we do it. LOL

I don't know if I will ever understand how someone could abandon a child. This part of our journey, Jadyn's journey just breaks my heart. She was only a day old when she was found, so tiny and oh so fragile. I know I will never know who, why, how or any of the answers I would like to have, I just believe that GOD has brought us together and she was meant to be in our family! We are her FOREVER FAMILY and we will ALWAYS be there for our girl. She is blessed with two amazing brothers and parents who have wanted her for over 5 years.









We find out in a month when we will be scheduled to travel and let me tell you we will be shouting it from the rooftops. Between now and then we'll be getting her room ready, buying her more cloths and starring at her photos! We are madly in love with her already and we're ready to bring her home. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WELL WISHES!!! Please keep our little Jadyn Nicole in your prayers.

6 comments:

China Dreams said...

The anxiety takes you by surprise, especially when you've had so long to wait and get ready for it. She will probably be a perfect fit, as you say.

Ruby

Jenn said...

Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful! We adopted our daughter from Fuzhou SWI in July of 2009. Although most of the children from that orphanage are in foster care, our daughter was cared for in the SWI, which participates in the Half the Sky program. If you didn't know already, there is a very active Yahoo group for 'Fu Families.' Welcome!

Terri said...

Vicki,

Congratulations on your referral!! Jadyn is just precious!! We too have a Fu girl and I think Grace was wearing the same sweater in her referral picture!! :) Many blessing to you and your family. We are excited to follow your journey to Jadyn and to visit Nanchang and China!!


Paul, Terri and Grace

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Beautiful and clever... Sounds like a perfect fit for your family! The Linebarger family is so excited for you all! Can't wait to meet her!

sandy and marvin said...

she is beautiful! I am so very proud for you all...you are a great family and you will have a wonderful time together..God bless you all
love you
sandy and marvin